Saturday, October 25, 2014

New York

This last week I was in New York for a training. This was my longest trip to NYC and I was there for 5 days and 4 nights. My hotel was only a block from Times Square and my office was directly on Times Square. When looking out the window I could see the lights that influence so many that come to this great city.

While there, I stayed in a nice hotel, drank 11+ dollar drinks, enjoyed Times Square at Bar 54 (54 floors above), and had dinners that costed way too much. And the one big thing I realized? This is my life now. I am no longer "that boy from Iowa" or "a guy living simply" or "a human out to change the world"; rather I'm "a man teaching fortune 500 companies how to utilize tools to continue growing larger". In layman's terms, I'm in the corporate world.

Here's the crazy part: I like it. I like not having to worry, I like not thinking about money, I like watching other people live, I like teaching others, and most of all, I like feeling like I contribute to the growth of America and the world.

New York is the cornerstone to everything I once hated with this world and found ridiculous. With it's superficial feelings and views on life. Beating people down, but at the same time giving them hope because it's the "central of the world" and give them a new start in life. It honestly felt that people work to simply live, rather than thinking of the future or a more stable life. I don't know this might just be a personal rant, but it just was something I could never do.

New York, the city that never sleeps. While this may be true, I don't see the value of this. But then again, I am a simple midwesterner just attempting to understand the world.

Next up, San Francisco, my current place of residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment